Search This Blog

Sunday 23 August 2020

Post 179 Another hospital visit

It wasn’t quite as cold as yesterday in Adelaide, but still quite cold. No rain.
Once again I opted out of the Crime Book Club meeting in a Norwood coffee shop. There is no evidence f community transmission of Covid in Adelaide at the moment, but I’m not keen on situations where social distancing is difficult. To assuage my guilt I spent the time reading Ovidia Yu’s The Ironbark Tree Mystery. Ovidia Yu creates a convincing world of Singapore between the World Wars, with the nuanced details of the racism and supremacist assumptions of colonialism. 

Even though the building work is quiet over the weekend there were no visits from my avian friends. The succulents, however, are gradually bursting out of hibernation. The lachenalia is developing what might turn out to be another stem.















The flower stem on the sedum has one tiny flower beginning to open. The flower stem is about 45 cm high. You can see how small the individual flower is in the circles area.











This is the zoomed view.



Around 1pm I went to North Adelaide for vegetables., stopping on the way at Calvary Hospital to see Lorraine. She is feeing better than when I last spoke to her and hasn’t had any more episodes of passing out. But there is still no explanation and she hasn’t been standing up quickly or moving very much. She is really counting down the time until she goes home on Tuesday.

Back at home after shopping, I got stuck back in to the Icelandic Endless knot. I enjoy a design that uses only one stitch. It reminds me of the New Mexico colchas,  a different stitch, but the same notion of using one stitch only. It makes for speed, efficiency and, oddly, creative freedom . 





























The other plant thriving on my eastern balcony is this almost black pelargonium. It’s such a great colour.








No comments:

Post a Comment