Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 August 2020

Post 182 Research, Good Hair, building drama


My hair was still dry and full of body this morning - what I was hoping to find.

I spent most of the day researching the family backgrounds of a couple of nineteenth century artists for my brother. It's absorbing activity.

Around 3pm I emerged to sit on the front balcony in the sun with my embroidery. It reached 20.4C at 3.15pm in Adelaide, so I got the best of the afternoon.









Around 5pm activity on the building site next door hotted up. Lots of pumping noise, large vehicles and reversing vehicle sounds.

I'm guessing they might have ruptured a water pipe. They appear edto be pumping water - in or out I wasn't sure. At 8pm in the dark,  they were still working but all went quiet shortly after.

When I checked I still had water, but when I took my phone off the charger as I went to bed just after midnight, I found a message at 8.19pm telling me the water main was repaired but might take up to three hours for water to be restored!

What I didn't know didn't hurt me!





I'm sure the workers missed the sunset. I love these ones that have a golden reflection on the side of the Credit Union building!








I received the three documents I ordered yesterday on Icelandic magic symbols and a transcription of the Huld manuscript. Now I need to read them.



As I reached the last quarter of my Icelandic Endless Knot I discovered a mistake. Fortunately I could correct it without undoing too much. One stitch out in such a geometric design potentially distorts quite a lot.

I had hoped to finish it today, but no matter.  There's progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment