Search This Blog

Monday 24 August 2020

Post 180 Mostly cooking

I spent much of today preparing a roast for tonight - and forgetting to take photos. I planned a pork roast, and bought two pieces of rolled pork shoulder, 4.7 kg in total. I calculated the cooking time carefully, but added the two weights together to get a cooking time - around four hours. Of course,  I should have worked on the single weight and the cooking time was about half what I'd calculated as the separate pieces cooked through more quickly than a single large piece would do.

Fortunately I checked and took the meat out of the oven for over an hour, putting it back just before dinner..There were  also potatoes, broccolini, carrots and parsnips. The only things I have left to photograph are the roasting pans soaking in the sink and I won't inflict that on any reader.

I did manage to dig out some pieces of printed linen and one of velvet. I had  promised Jennifer I would do this in case one of them was suitable as a back for the bag she plans to make from her embroidery.

Not sure if any of them fits the bill but we'll find out of Friday.





















There was some fairly quiet work in the building site today- a couple of men laying pipes of some sort .

In between cooking and various other chores I stitched steadily away at the Icelandic Endless Knot piece. I think I’m going to run out of Appleton’s 227 - the dark red. I think a trip to Create in Stitch is called for. I have a skein of the next colour in the range, but it would notice.


I’m still enjoying the design and stitch.


This must be my shortest post ever. I’m falling asleep and have to be up for the window cleaner at 7.30 in the morning. I also have my follow up hairdressing appointment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment