Search This Blog

Thursday 27 August 2020

Post 183:Half way

This post marks half a year to the day since I began this blog. When I began, it was intended to run for the 25 days I was going to be on my trip to England.

At the moment it is my intention to keep this for a year . The blog turned out to be mis-named. It should be called- Journal of a Pandemic Year.

The photo on the top to the left I took this morning driving home from Pilates. It wasn't as warm as yesterday here in Adelaide, but there was some sun - and no rain. I washed towels, hung them out and they dried.

The photo below left I took as I arrived in Stratford-upon-Avon on 27 February.


Martine, my usual Pilates instructor was away today. The stand-in was energetic and feeling her way. It's useful to get another perspective from time to time.


When I got home there was a note to say a postal delivery had been taken to the Post Office for collection after 4. I knew what it was, so occupied myself embroidering the Icelandic Endless Knot until I could collect the parcel.

It was the kit from Inspirations for the Serenity project on the cover of the current magazine issue. The packaging would, at a guess, have been adequate for 20 kits. I'm not sure if online retailers have experienced loss of small packages, but I'd much prefer mine were packaged small rather than large.
I also have a suitable piece of linen from Christine Bishop. The piece supplied, in particular, is very open weave. It is close to what I imagined was needed for the Jenny McWhinney Cockerel Garlic bag. Maybe I'll swap.

















My perm is holding up very well in its third day, so I rang the hairdresser just to let her know.


I didn't quite get the Endless Knot finished. The outline cross stitch row has to be added and a few fill-in corrections made.

It would be nice to have it finished before I pick Jennifer up for Sit'n Stitch tomorrow afternoon.









No comments:

Post a Comment