Search This Blog

Monday 14 September 2020

Post 201

The morning light showed the tiny succulent flower to good advantage. I doubt I'd have put the pink and orange together in threads but it is very effective.























At the same time, cloud covered the Hills. It had lifted by mid-morning.




That was about the time the young adolescent dove arrived, closely followed by Turtle, doing his following routine again, this time accompanied by a repeated two note call. He effectively drove the young bird away - again without any violence, but the message was clear.

Turtle then ate the seed until Myrtle arrived to collect him- or that's how it seemed. As soon as she arrived they flew off together.



I went shopping at Frewville. I had four items on my list and came home with 3 supermarket shopping bags full. I do like that supermarket - probably a good reason to shop elsewhere!

There were only five of us for dinner. Anthony is in Whyalla for work and Fionn had football training. Niamh and Veronica had school photos taken today. There was much discussion about the photographer's insistence that all the girls sit in the front row in all the photos - 'for symmetry'. None of us could work out what this meant. As the tallest girl in her class, Niamh thought height would have been a better organiser. I agree.
I set the scanning aside today and cleared the table. I'll return to it in tomorrow or Wednesday.












I used my time to progress the Caterina project. I got two more quarters done. It's slow work, but is working quite well at the moment. A bit less than one quarter to go - then it's back to running stitch on the inner layer.






No comments:

Post a Comment