Search This Blog

Saturday 19 September 2020

Post206


Blush arrived on his (or her) own, ate most of the seed and left. No interference from other birds.

The little bit of seed left was gone by the end of the morning. I was at the other end of the apartment, so didn't see who finished it off.


I spent most of the day scanning or preparing to scan - removing the photos from the large 1970s album. The photos from later in the decade remove relatively easily once I lifted an edge with my handy bread and butter knife. The early in the decade are stuck fast. Once removed, I scanned about 250 photos using FastFoto. FastFoto does not cope well with damaged photos or photos that are thicker than normal - such as those with anything stuck on the back. I have about 20 photos that would not go through the scanner. Tomorrow I will either use the App or the flatbed to scan them.
I also have a number of photos removed with the help of Desolvit. It works a treat, but dampens the back of the photo which then needs to dry out. Tomorrow I should be able to scan all remaining photos in this album, hopefully remove the last of those on the early pages and file them in the archive box.  I think the (numerous) remaining albums are easier to scan, or at least easier from which to remove the photos.

It's a messy process.  The sticky album needs to be disposed of in bits - all the cellophane page covers need to go is the soft recycling, and the cardboard pages into the recycle bin. Separating them makes a mess. The photo is after I had tidied up. There are still piles of photos awaiting scanning, awaiting filing, or under a weight to straighten them out.



The Create in Stitch weekly newsletter today featured this meme, which made me laugh.

I could embroider it as a motto!

I took Niamh to JEMS and returned home to more scanning, then went to Katherine and Anthony's for dinner. Delicious as usual. Tonight chicken satay and coconut risotto. It's always good to catch up on the week's activities.









On the way there I was driving into the setting sun, which is now further to the South than it has been for a while. It was briefly spectacular.




Tomorrow is cleaning and Crime Bookclub. Better get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment