Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 September 2020

Post 203 Days of Dove Lives and scanning

The young dove arrived this morning and began pecking very quickly at the seed. He (or maybe she) was very alert, pausing to listen every few seconds.









He ate about half the seed then hopped on to the rail and looked carefully in all directions.











While he was  on guard, 








another young dove arrived.



I think that the bird I have been calling 'the adolescent' is in fact two young birds.













They can be seen here - one on top of the balcony rail, on the flower box and the other on the lower rail

It was at this point that Myrtle arrived and scared them away.

I think I have a new pair of young doves interested in my balcony in competition with Myrtle and Turtle. Whether one of them is their offspring or not I can't tell, but it's quite likely.



Myrtle returned, briefly, and sampled the seed. The first young bird returned later still and gobbled a bit more. Still on alert.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out throughout Spring and Summer.

I looked for anymore 1980s photo albums without success. There are about 6-7 albums covering the 90s and two for the 70s. The earlier of these is a large one with sticky pages. I decided to start with this. Unfortunately, when I began to remove the photos, I was unable to do so without tearing the photos. The adhesive on the pages is very effective. The album has 50 double-sided pages, at least 600 photos that will not go through my new scanner.  The options are to lay each page on the flatbed scanner or use an App.
I decided to try the PhotoScan App, just in case it had recovered and, lo! it worked! I managed to scan, over about two and a half hours, 155 photos before the App began to slow. I am hoping that if I rest it overnight it will revive again tomorrow and I will be able to use it to scan the album in 4 batches.
I don't think any of the other albums will present the same problem, and I will be able to return to my super scanner for the others.

I did not get to enjoy much of the warm sun today but it is much more pleasant to be indoors scanning when the sun is shining in ( at 27C, not 46!). I had promised to do some research for my brother earlier in the week, so used the App crash to move to that. Still chasing some information, but have made a good start.


This evening I had to choose between Lewis and Midsomer Murders to progress my Caterina inner row. I've seen both so could focus on counting threads while listening and occasionally glancing at the screen. Lewis won, but I caught the end of Midsomer Murders.

I'm still making mistakes and either unpicking or compensating, but I'm pleased with the progress.

Rain is forecast on most of the next seven days, so a good thing I washed bed linen yesterday and my clothes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment