Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 September 2020

Post 217

I finished the tassels this morning, attached them and used machine thread to tidy up the back. The soft  c

cotton fluffs up when cut, which looks untidy and runs the risk of shedding. I photographed it onthe curtain to show the transparency - not that evident as it has loaded here. For the moment it is draped over one of my dining chairs (yes, admittedly un-ironed!). 

The builders next door were pouring concrete today with the motor right outside my window and balcony. Quite noisy.
I went to Frewville to get a bit of fruit and ingredients for my muesli and also to have a late lunch. It was very pleasant. They had been busy and sold out of three of the four lunch dishes on the daily menu. The one left was a green fettuccini with pork and heritage tomatoes and basil. Went well with the Prosecco. The latest Inspirations magazine was in my letterbox as I left home, so I could browse it over lunch. Only one of the projects really grabs me -the Peace Dove by Cynthia Jackson. It's really lovely, but not sure that I'm up for it. In my letterbox there was also a shade card for Bendigo Woollen Mills new cotton range, now in 4, 8 and 10 ply and such fabulous colours. 

Not until I've emptied the two drawers of knitting yarn I already have.

I called at Create in Stitch to talk to Samela about the Catarina fabric and buy another magnetic needle keep so I can have two hoops of crewel on the go.                                           .

I got home just before the rain set in. It didn’t stop the concrete pour. I had planned to spend several hours scanning photos but didn’t want to listen to machinery while doing it, so settled for my crewel rabbits.
 
It was wonderfully relaxing after the Caterina project. I love the flexibility of it - its adaptability and forgiving, as well as enabling really rich colours. Comfort stitching. 

It's also relatively fast. This is quite a small piece so it grows quickly.  Now that's a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment