Search This Blog

Thursday 1 October 2020

Post 218 Back to scanning

I did finally get to scanning this afternoon.  In about two hours I scanned  545 photos from the 1990s, pretty much the whole of the first 1990s album. I can't be sure about particular years for all photos but 
there are a few markers. I don't want to bore readers with photos from my past. I thought, however, a few family and friends might be interested in two family groups, the first Jim and Alison with Jim's brother and cousin with their children. I'm not sure where Katherine was. I took the photo.
















          


The second photo records a visit of my mum and dad,  my brother and sister-in-law, Jim and I to  Norahville to visit my mum's sister Grace and her family in January 1993. We did not know it at the time, but my mother had terminal cancer and died three three months later.

I'm so glad we captured these moments in time. 
I had photos, index cards, labelsand storage boxes all over the table, while the concrete pourer chugged away about 3 metres outside my window and the sun flooded the room. Quite pleasant.

The morning was taken up with emails reading news and Pilates, where I progressed a little in balancing. After Pilates I dropped off 3 large, heavy, empty photo albums at the Salvos shop. I also called at DK Fabrics to look for some seersucker, but their parking area now requires a $1 coin for the parking metre and I didn't have one. I could have used a card, but not for less than $3. This, I thought, was unreasonable, so decided I would go somewhere else next week. I went on to the Unley shopping centre to pickup an online delivery from Taking Shape and get a few bits from Woolworths.  Since it was now after 2pm and there were plenty of empty tables at the bakery, I indulged in 2 sausage rolls and a lime milkshake. That, of course, meant I wasn't hungry tonight. Cheese and crackers sufficed.  It was one of those evenings when the moon rises just as the sun is setting. The moon rise was more interesting than the sunset. 
In spite of that, I got on with my crewel  Rabbits at Dawn.            

                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment