Search This Blog

Sunday 27 September 2020

Post 214

I woke this morning thinking I would stop work on yesterday's Mola reverse applique. The notion of the bird flying didn't work with the existing bird shape. I thought it would be better to get on with the Caterina project, and file the bird away as the sample of a class.

When I looked at it, I had a few other ideas, so unpicked the legs (again) and returned it to an upright stationary position. I then added lots of tail feathers, wing feathers a button eye and a few other bits of feathers.






I experimented with folding the piece to form a pouch. When I measured it. I thought a square of about 11" would work, so I went looking for a square of lining fabric. Although the bottom layer (green) of the overlaid fabrics could serve as lining, I figured that it would be easier to get a perfect square with a lining fabric and would also cover the underside of stitching.


I found a few squares already cut to 26cm and chose this red paisley.





While this was going on, Turtle had appeared on the balcony, pecked at the remains of yesterday's seed, taken up vigil on the rail, flown away and returned several times.  Sometimes he was puffed up, sometimes not so much.













I had no more seed to give him, so couldn't help.

I was picking Jennifer up at 12 to go to Grange for our Sit'n Stitch afternoon.  I managed to stitch the lining to the bird piece and gather my things to arrive just in time. We made it to Grange by 12.30, where Susan had a Libyan baked pasts dish waiting for us. It was very nice. There was a lot to catch up on and the afternoon passed very quickly.  I did a little bit more on the bird applique, and then some Caterina project.














Back at home, I put in a zip and them embroidered over the joins. It did not end up as a square, but I think it works well.






I am finally pleased with the result. I'm not sure what I'll keep in it, but it works as a small ouch.











Having begun the day thinking I would spend no more time on this, I spent most of the day working on it - but ended up liking it.by sunset.

So back to Caterina where I finished the hem on two sides. Two down, two to go.

I'm hoping to get to Basics to Beyond tomorrow and I'm planning on taking this project along to work on two sides of hem stitching and the four tassels.

Ti me to go to bed so I have some hope of getting to the Guild tomorrow.








v




No comments:

Post a Comment