Search This Blog

Sunday 18 October 2020

Post 235 Sit 'n Stitch at my place


It was after 1.00 am when I posted yesterday's blog and went to bed, so I am not guilty for sleeping in until after 9.00 am this morning and having a slow, lazy morning. After breakfast I set about moving my hoop and finding the threads I thought might work for a dove feather. I do need to put in an acknowledgement of the black and white collar, but do not have black and white Appleton's wool. I may, however, substitute the DMC sparkle threads. See how I go.

I was getting dressed after my shower, around 1pm when Jennifer called. While she was waiting for her Covid test result on Thursday, we had made a tentative plan for her to come here this afternoon to sit and stitch. When she tested negative and we restored Friday's stitching arrangement, we didn't firm up today, but didn't cancel either. 

It was great, therefore, when Jennifer called and wanted to come. 

Jennifer is working on a knitted Mother Christmas figure to go with the Father Christmas she has finished. Regretfully, I didn't photograph him. He is magnificent - about 45 cm high.

I had planned to make a start on adding the hexies to my quilt, a job that is better done at home because of the bulk and weight of the quilt. I got two hexies added in the afternoon- my positioning did not begin well and I had to unpick the first one and reposition. 

After Jennifer had gone I discovered one of the begonias she had given me a year or two ago was blooming. A pity I didn't see it while she was here.                                                                                                                                                                    I made, or tried to make, a third book of my blog this evening, covering July to September. I managed to preview it but when I tried to order, got the same error message as I did when I started this a few days ago.  I've sent yet another message to the support team, but it is, of course the weekend. This is a long, slow and repetitive process.
There was an interesting sky this evening just after the sun had gone down. The colours from the sun were still in the sky while a crescent moon was descending. I managed to also  capture a bat returning to the Morton Bay fig tree where a bat colony roosts.
I made a start on the dove feather this evening while watching a couple of episodes of Series 15 of Midsomer  Murders. A very pleasant end to the day. 














No comments:

Post a Comment