Search This Blog

Monday 28 December 2020

Post 304 Grange

This morning I did a load oI washing and finished reading Aaron Elkins' Curses - another in the series featuring forensic archeologist Gideon Oliver. It's not particularly special but interesting and engaging. I'll probably work my way through the series. 

I've been diligent with my eye drops, heat pads and night cream. There is definite improvement, so I need to keep it up. 

Katherine took me to lunch at Grange Jetty, along with Niamh and Veronica. It was a lovely day - sunny, but with a good breeze that kept the temperature down to a 20C max.

The Cafe was busy but Covid requirements under control. The young members of the owners' families were all in evidence working as wait staff.  I had a seafood pizza, which was excellent - fresh sardines as well as prawns, scallops, calamari and fresh baby tomatoes. 

I really like this place. Today it was a bit noisy inside, but it is still relaxed, with good food, great views and good company.

Today is the 50th anniversary of the day Jim and I married.  We were very fortunate to have 44 wedding anniversaries and to know each other for 46 years.

To borrow from Richard Rodgers:

All of my memories are happy tonight.  



We had coffee at Katherine's place. I got to inspect the new beds with their covers. Anthony was building his beehive and Fionn preparing himself a gigantic egg salad. Katherine progressed her knitted shawl and I began another crochet square. In the interest of doing the right thing by my eyes, I had worn old prescription sunglasses in the car (I don't often wear sunglasses - but I'm trying to improve) and forgot to change when I came inside, so had a choice of crochet without glasses or with dark glasses. 
I didn't get far, but finished these two off when I got home.

 I tried to call at North Adelaide on the way home to buy some grapes and milk but the Metropolitan Fresh greengrocer was closed. I should have figured that. It is Proclamation Day in South Australia - the day the Colony was proclaimed in 1839. Neither item was critical and can wait until tomorrow.

I've worked a little more of the Crewel leaves. This is a very pleasing design to work although I'm finding it slow. It is all about shading, and I'm working to my own colours, so experimenting as I go. There's no reason for speed, so it's relaxed. The photo doesn't really show the variation.

I might get a run on tomorrow.
t's heating up according to the forecast. Tomorrow is forecast as 25C and increasing to 31C by Friday and the weekend. That's not too bad.

Time for my last eye treatments on a gentle and pleasant day.







No comments:

Post a Comment