Search This Blog

Friday 1 January 2021

Post 308 Quiet New Year's Day.


There's not a lot to report today. New Year's Day has to be the quietest day on the calendar. I spent much of the morning, after New Year catch up with overseas friends via email and messenger, reading Telling Tales, Ann Cleeves' second Vera Stanhope book. It's the first of this series that I have read. 

It took me a while to adapt to the style - until Vera enters the action. It is impossible to read it without making comparisons with the TV series episode - which I don't remember in detail. I haven't finished the book yet.

While I was reading there were visits from my bird friends, first Turtle
then the younger pair. It is so interesting to observe the companionship and relationship between them. 

I had planned to begin work on a spreadsheet of data from my Baby Boomer Teacher Conversations. A large sheet of graph paper is waiting on the dining table. I want to see it on one sheet in front of me (and I'm also not that good at Excel!). However, the sheet remains untouched today. 

I have been conscientious about my eye drops and heat pad throughout the day.







This evening I made a big dish of carrot, coriander and sesame seed salad and had some of it with the cold duck breast I cooked yesterday. while I watched Dolly Parton's 50 Yeats at The Opry. It was OK but I might have been better off listening to some of her recordings. 
It reached 29C in Adelaide today but I was very comfortable with the front and back balcony doors open and a light breeze through the apartment. The city around me was very quiet, 

The pot of petunias on the back balcony are looking great - such a fabulous colour.



















  I finished the day working on Lady Anne's Flowers and watching an episode of Midsomer Murders that I haven't seen for quite a while. 

I worked the top right corner. The tree trunk is the biggest challenge.          There's still a way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment