Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 December 2020

Post 305 Mostly birds and bras

It began with a visit from Turtle. He walked around a bit, drank water and pecked at the seed. Before long, Black Tips arrived and did the same.  Turtle retreated to the rail and ignored the intruder.


When Turtle flew off, Black Tips replaced him on the rail, keeping watch.  The flapping sheets were ignored.                                                                

 Then Blush arrived.

It was a bit of a rendezvous. Blush and Black Tips kept their distance and silence, eventually dropping down to drink and eat seed before one flew off. Thoughout the day, one or another came back for a relaxed walk around. Do they just like the view and ambiance or are they nesting nearby? Why did Turtle tolerate Black Tips? Are they related? 
In the early afternoon, a Magpie Lark visited briefly, hopped around the rail and flew away. They eat insects and worms so have no interest in either the plants or the seed. After I'd taken the photo I realised Black Tips was also there, eating seed, seemingly uninterested in the Magpie Lark.

There is a great deal about the bird world that I don't understand.






A parcel arrived this morning, two bras I had ordered online from Taking Shape. They didn't fit. When I was managing The Orphanage Teachers' Centre in the 90s, the female staff were very amused that I ordered bras online. I should have learned my lesson, but it's worth trying something again after 30 years!  

I needed to go out to get the milk and grapes I couldn't get yesterday, so went to Unley and returned the items to the Taking Shape shop for an in-store credit. The sales assistant was most helpful. The best bra-fitter in the State, she told me, is Kaz at the Taking Shape Mount Barker store. She fits most of the Taking Shape workers. The idea is to go to Mount Barker to be fitted, choose the perfect bra, then order online thereafter. Sounds like a plan if I feel like driving 34km to Mt. Barker.

It was another really lovely day in Adelaide and I spent a good deal of if working on Lady Anne's leaves. This was the progress by dinner time. 






















I had, by then, moved from the Eastern to the Western end of the apartment, not before I'd captured a bit more of Blush's exploration and Black Tip's drinking.  Oh, and I did bring in the washing.
Tonight's moonrise was more interesting than sunset.

This is where I got to just before I finish this post and head to bed.. No crochet today.





No comments:

Post a Comment