Search This Blog

Monday 8 February 2021

Post 347 More words than photos

 I managed to hang the washing out this morning before heading to the podiatrist. From there I went on to Frewville Foodland to get the ingredients for tonight's dinner - a whole cooked duck, ham pieces, a strap of roast pork, noodles,  shallots, broccolini, some bread, fresh hot cross buns (yes, I've finally succumbed to buying them before Good Friday!) and a feta and spinach pull-apart. By the time I got home I needed a coffee and hot cross bun and a chapter or two of my current book. 

There was then a couple of hours of chopping and pulling - deboning the duck, cutting up a substantial pile of vegetables, ham and pork - all done before the girls arrived at 2.45. Veronica was a bit achy from the orthodontist inserting spacers in her teeth and managed to fall asleep for a couple of hours. Niamh did her homework then read her book. I managed to send a reminder email to the WES Group re our Wednesday meeting and review a couple of books on Goodreads. 

The duck noodle stir fry worked well. I also have a saucepan of stock from the bones to make my duck soup tomorrow.

As you may have guessed, I failed to take photos throughout the day. 

There were, however, a couple of interesting views at sunset.

I haven't made progress on the Owl Service. I chose instead to finish the 10 pale blue circles for my crocheted squares while I watched Series 1 Episode 2 of Midsomer Murders. I now have 10 circles in three colours and can begin on a fourth.


Lots of possibilities for tomorrow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment