Search This Blog

Monday 27 April 2020

Post 61: Progress

It was a promising dawn, even from my bed, once the blind was raised. The forecast rain did not eventuate . It is now predicted tomorrow evening. 







I discovered, however that the heavy rain last Friday was still lying in the flowerpots and containers. It glad a remarkable brightening effect on the plants, especially the ‘black’ geranium,







The dove waited for me to go inside then cleaned up the seeds I’d distributed - and sampled the fresh water,






I finished reading the second of Patricia Wentworth’s Miss Silver series then focused on the Mellerstain screen. It is such relaxing and enjoyable stitching. I shall be sorry to finish it!



I had a call from my hairdresser. I had had an appointment for a haircut this week. The salon had sent a generic email a couple of weeks ago saying all appointments were cancelled (although, hairdressers are, for some inexplicable reason, regarded as an essential service). My hairdresser is not working at the moment but is planning to work from May 12 and offered me an appointment, which I have accepted. She is a young woman who bought a home in the Adelaide  Hills last year with her partner. They were evacuated during the bushfires. Their house survived but the fire came close, In response to my question about how she was travelling, her only comment was  “2020 is a sucky year”.  I do hope I can keep the appointment.

I was stitching on the balcony when school came out today - the first day back after our school holidays with our government recommending students return to face to face classes. I was lucky enough to see Niamh and Veronica. They called up that they’d had a good day - and sounded as if they meant it. 


Later I got word that Jennifer is still on a respirator, Her oxygen has improved to 35%. Doctors want 25% or better. They believe the swelling swelling has reduced somewhat. If her oxygen levels have reduced sufficiently tomorrow they may try again to take her off the respirator. It is slow, but it is progress.



I've made the progress I wanted across the firescreen. There is a little bit to finish on the lower right hand corner leaves, then the stag. I think I will scroll the linen up tomorrow morning before I start on the stag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment