Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Post 62: after 40 days I visit a shopping centre!

The Adelaide Rosella is back! He appears on that tree in Spring, as the new shoots are visible, and again in Autumn, when, I assume, there are seed pods ripe for the picking. Unfortunately, the battery in my SLR is refusing to hold its charge. My iPhone is good for most things, but not photographing birds at a distance of some 5-10 metres. I will see if I can get to a camera shop, because this visitation will only last, at most 14 days.












I spent a bit of time trimming plants and emptying water from balcony boxes and taking it to the plants on the Western balcony.













There is more rain coming tonight.






With hesitation, I visited the Unley Shopping Centre. I wanted to take my soft plastic to the recycling bin at Woolworths at the end of this corridor. I have been collecting this since I returned from England - now 40 days. It was a good decision. There were a few people around, but everyone kept their distance. I was able to walk straight down to the bin. The butcher was trading, so I bought meat for 3 meals. Price's Bakery was also open, with only one person inside and crosses on the floor to mark where to stand. They didn't, unfortunately, have any Cornish pasties, so I got 2 sausage rolls, a lime milkshake and a florentine to take away (the only option anyway). A big treat when I got home.





On a roll, I went into the bank with a cheque that has arrived while I was in England. This is the first time I have been anywhere near a bank. Only 8 people could enter the bank at a time and we had to stand on one of the marked positions.

I was surprised by how easy it was. It wasn't crowded, but there were people around, all taking care and businesses were clear about distances and processes. All clothing shops were closed.

By the time I got home, the rain was beginning. The dove managed to visit and clear up the seed before it got wet. It has continued to rain.



I had a phone call from Susan in her new hotel in Perth. She has been cleared of Covid19 and is expecting her certificate of clearance to be delivered to her hotel. Once she has that she can leave the hotel if she wishes.

Jennifer is still not off the respirator. The swelling in her vocal cords has improved, but not enough. The respirator is still providing 25-35% of her oxygen. Doctors want this at 21-25%  before they remove it. They are considering a tracheotomy. Clearly I would prefer to hear more straightforward news that she is breathing on her own. She is, however, slightly improved, and in the best possible hands.

I spent the afternoon scrolling my frame to expose the bottom edge of the linen.  I would prefer to have this on a seated frame. I did try to fit the frame into my Nurge seated frame, but the clamp will in no way take the roller frame. At this point I'm not going to move this to a hoop. I wish there were wider clamps for the Nurge.








In the meantime, I'm back on my Lowery frame.


The scrolling process took a fair time, with the lacing, so there is not a huge amount of stitching to show. I finished the little vegetation on the right, put in the lattice framework and the first colour on the stag.

This last section is different. There are no leaves - which have been the dominant feature of the rest of the screen. There is much more solid fill - mostly long and short stitch. I'm really looking forward to working it tomorrow. The forecast is for rain and wind. I have a Coles delivery coming, a pot of soup and an embroidery. Shaping up to be my kind of day.



No comments:

Post a Comment