Search This Blog

Thursday 30 April 2020

Post 64: Rain

The sunrise drew me out of bed this morning because of the glow and the grey. There was a lot of water around and more falling.













When the sun got a bit higher the dove seemed to find a spot with the sun on her wing and sat there, quite still, head hunched down into her feathers. She pecked at the seed, but left as the rain began, to return an hour later. This time she was much bolder, exploring the whole floor of the balcony, including the door mat. It’s the first time she has come so close to the door, and the longest time to my knowledge, she has spent on the balcony.

Sandra's stocking.
It was great to get an email from Sandra, in Manchester. Her resident pigeons have, unfortunately,  left her tree. She has been working on Phillipa Turnbull's Christmas stocking.
Rather than a unicorn on the stocking she has added a stag. It looks really lovely. Sandra is also making wash bags and scrubs for Health workers as well as working on her piece from Phillipa's class at our recent retreat (seems like a world away - which, of course, it is!). I don't think she will mind my using her photograph.







I spent many hours on the hillocks beneath the stag.  I like the effect. It’s very textured and Three-dimensional from the layers in shading.


I had a long phone conversation with a friend. Great to catch up.  I’ve also plunged into a third of Patricia Wentworth’s Miss Silver books. Indulgent, but very easy reading.

The best moment of the day was the news that Jennifer will have her tracheotomy at 10am Perth time tomorrow. While the procedure itself is apparently quite quick, it will take a long time to set up and clean up, because of the Covid19 infection. Doctors said Jennifer is stable at 20% oxygen, and her sedation has been reduced to the point where she’s moving her arms. After the procedure tomorrow it will be reduced further. This is very encouraging.



It continued raining all day and there is more to come tomorrow. It’s been a good day to be inside stitching.. I spend a bit of time contemplating what I will embroider next. Quite a bit to choose from.

But before I get carried away I have 8 hillocks to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment