Search This Blog

Friday 1 May 2020

Post 65 Good News

 This post begins at the end of the day. News of Jennifer's operation was a long time in coming, but around 8pm I received the news that Jennifer is awake and doing well. She can't vocalise because of the tracheotomy device but has been communicating with the nurse by nodding and using her hands. She has asked for her spectacles so she can watch TV! Doctors indicated her latest swab is negative for Corona virus and they may not need to test again.


It is by far the most important thing that happened today and deserves to be up front. It's such a joy and a relief.






It has been a cold, wet and windy day. Around 9am I noticed a young Adelaide rosella clinging on to a branch for dear life. The wind was whipping the branches. I didn't have time to take a video but managed to get three shots that give a bit of an idea.  I've put them together here.

The dove put in several appearances. In the second one, she sat on the balcony rail while I slowly opened the door, picked up the container of seed, opened it and distributed some on the tiles. She didn't pick it up until I closed the door and retreated inside, but a bit of trust I think.


Yesterday I ordered this most interesting colouring book from Etsy. It was in my letterbox by midday today! The author lives a couple of blocks away.  It has some amazing representations of Adelaide locations for colouring in..
One page is a map of Adelaide, complete with the squares and other features.  I am interested in the possibility of using them for embroidery.

On my way to visit a friend this afternoon I called at the Camera shop in the Central marked to try to buy a replacement battery for my SLR. Unfortunately they did not have one in stock. I might have to try online.



My friend made wonderful cheese scones. Really good. I drove along the beach on my way home - just to check it is still there.

It was.


It was too cold and windy to stop and walk out on the jetty, but it was a treat to see the beach.


My friend gave me some celery, which I swapped for some grapes.

I added celery  to my soup.  I usually add celery at the last minute but had forgotten to buy it.




It really improved my soup tonight.








Because I was out for the afternoon I didn't do as much on the Mellerstain screen as I had hoped, but I still made progress.

I really love the 3D effect that is the result of the long and short stitch shading on the hillocks.















Here's where I got to. There's not a lot left to do.  And there's plenty of time.

Tomorrow.









No comments:

Post a Comment