Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 May 2020

Post 76: Hair - Dawning of the Age of....

The day dawned beautifully - pink and grey, rather than red, so no warnings for shepherds.













I managed to read some more of Martha Grimes' The Dirty Duck which I am really enjoying, before I had to head off to the hair dresser.













The trees in the city are really turning now and dropping leaves. I hadn't noticed the little grove next to the Catholic Cathedral before.










It was great to see my hairdresser, and to have my haircut. Salons are now permitted to make longer appointments, so we made an appointment in 8 weeks time for a perm.  I'm relieved.

I deposited my soft plastic recycling in Coles and did a little bit of shopping - more grapes, carpet cleaner, chocolate biscuits - and some proper scones.

Back at home, I got stuck into my sample bag again, finishing the eyelets for the drawstring using Punto Gigliuccio - called Pea Stitch in English. Carmina used this stitch a lot, and I can see why. 



























It's shaping up nicely, even if crumpled.

I made two twisted cords and two tassels, ready to insert.

In the meantime, I'm joining the two sides together with ladder stitch. Tomorrow I should be able to press the bag, insert the cord and attach the tassels. I think it will look quite good. It doesn't live up to Carmina's best work, but it is a kind of cover version - a tribute that  demonstrates her designs.

Susan rang me this afternoon. She is back in her apartment, speaking to Jennifer a couple of times a day and getting her head around being in self-isolation in her home. It's been a bit of a journey.  She's unpacking her bags, but also the experience.  Jennifer has that challenge as well.

I have nothing like their challenge or their journey. I am glad, however, that a few friends asked me to keep this blog going when I got home to self-isolation. I had no idea it would still be going 77 days after I set out for England and that the journey would morph into something quite different.

No comments:

Post a Comment