Search This Blog

Saturday 16 May 2020

Post 80 Autumn in Adelaide





















Adelaide was at its best today as I drove to North Adelaide Village to get some milk and fruit.  I love the way the bones of the trees begin to emerge.












One of the reasons the city looks so good at this time of year is, I think, the mixture of deciduous European trees and non-deciduous natives.


















Even the building work can be framed in leaves.
The Village was not crowded so it was easy to distance.











Romeo's had fresh Coffin Bay oysters so I indulged in half a dozen. They are at their best right now and plentiful, though not cheap, because restaurants are not open. Delicious.

I spent the late afternoon on the front balcony tacking hexies.








This is where they need to go, to cover the edge of what has been my Winter quilt. I am slowly covering the black edges. I have the rest of this side to go, and the bottom edge. I almost have enough to finish this side, but decided to get on with covering the papers for the rest of the edge.









I have quite a few to go.





Jennifer asked me how the spider was going, so I took note while I was on the balcony this afternoon in the sun.

The spider isn't visible, but her web is still beneath the frangipani and being looked after and renewed. I am playing with a couple of ideas for using these web structures in my embroidery.

Today's Create in Stitch newsletter published their timetable for resuming classes, beginning on 10 June with classes limited to 8. It is good to see businesses making small, cautious beginnings.

I have a Zoom meeting of my new bookclub tomorrow morning at 10 am. That's an early start for a bookclub - and for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment