Search This Blog

Thursday 14 May 2020

Post 78 Friends, local and global.

It was lovely to have three emails this morning from friends from Crewel Work Company Retreats and Tours.  Genevieve is busy helping her son buy a bed with the aid of social distancing and masks, Christine has been doing a live life drawing class on BBC4 with impressive result, and Sandra's pigeon is back for a third attempt at hatching an egg.  Sandra sent me photos of these lovely fabrics she bought in Japan and from which she intends to make a carrying case for the embroidered casket she is set to begin this year.

It's  inspiring and heart-warming to get news of such creativity and energy. I am so glad I've had the opportunity to form friendships with these kindred spirits.

I spent much of my day doing bits of genealogy research for my brother. It's easy to follow trails to dead ends and have to backtrack. Meanwhile, the dove got bold enough to come right up to the door.

A couple of parcels arrived, one with four tops I had ordered online and another with a book of Kokeshi embroidery. The tops are great and I'll tell more about the book when I've looked more carefully.

Susan rang me this afternoon. Jennifer was moved today to a Rehabilitation Hospital in Perth. Susan has been exploring the possibility of Jennifer being medevaced to Adelaide. She is encouraged by the response from a local parliamentary member. There are hurdles, not the least of which is being medically fit to fly. Nonetheless, Susan is buoyed by the possibility.

I had been invited to friends' place for an early evening socially distanced meal. It is so satisfying and warming to relax, discuss and make sense of our current world.

The Osso Bucco was good too!

And their garden is thriving.













It wasn't a big stitching day, but I did add a little to my hexie count.


Grateful and privileged.







No comments:

Post a Comment