Search This Blog

Friday 15 May 2020

Post 79

As I once again spent most of the day tracking down some details and proof-reading for my brother, it was a blessing that I woke early enough to open my blind to the sunrise.



This enabled me to take some photos for today's blog. Screen shots don't quite cut it.
















I enjoying opening the blind, hopping back into bed and watching through the frame of the doors.


Even the Vergola provides an interesting perspective.


A couple of things happened this morning. Firstly, I had an email from Who Gives a Crap to say my toilet paper ration is ready to be ordered.  I've been ordering from them for about 3 years. They give half their profit to provide sanitation to communities without it. I order one box of 48 rolls each year when I get back from England. That is 12 month's supply for me. This year, of course, they had run out. I had enough for several more weeks. Today's email  wars good timing. I've ordered my usual box, which,should be here in a few days.

The next surprise was a phone call from Jennifer. She is in a Perth rehab hospital, which she likes a lot. She tires easily but is her usually alert, observant and forward thinking self. She is also now reading these posts. How absolutely amazing and fantastic. Before she can fly to Adelaide, she needs to test her lung capacity on a flight-simulation machine that will measure her ability to breath easily in the reduced oxygen environment of a pressurised aircraft. That's very reassuring.

In any case, she wants to complete her rehab in Perth.

My other bit of news was that the Guild class on Counted Sashiko, that, before the Guild closed down, I was booked to attend next weekend, has been moved to September. I guess that means the Guild is hoping to be at least partially operational by September. I'm sure this is a punt, but 


The sun came out late this afternoon and shone brightly on these begonia, which Jennifer gave me. She/ was asking about my spider, who still seems to be adjusting her web. I didn't photograph her web today, but thought Jennifer might like to see the sun on the begonias.























This evening I have concentrated on constructing the hexies for my winter quilt. I managed to construct all that I had papers on. 

I'm now back to tacking the papers on what I think will need to be about 60 more 1" hexies.


It's not fast, but definite progress.

I've used a lot of battery today, so need to post before it dies!









No comments:

Post a Comment