Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 May 2020

Post 77 Mostly distribution and research

I managed to capture the dove's routine this morning - because the Vergola roof was open on the balcony when I raised the blind, and I thought fast enough (that's the hard bit first thing in the morning!).

She sits on the corner of the roof, cooing loudly. She let me open the door (slowly and quietly), distribute the seed and close the door again.











Within seconds she descended and eyed me through the door





before tucking in, beginning with the seeds furthest from the door.


She isn't greedy. but leaves some to come back to later in the day.


I had a busy morning. It is WES Wednesday - the second Wednesday of the month, when, in non-covid times, the World Embroidery Study Group would have been meeting.  I had a presentation to send out to the group today, and I wanted to include a photo of the finished sampler I have been working on over the last couple of days. To do that, I had to finish the sampler!

I still had one side of the bag to ladder-stitch together before I could insert the cord.  The ladder stitch side was straightforward.  Inserting the cords was a bit trickier. Attaching the tassels neatly was the trickiest part.

It just took time and patience. I am very pleased with the result. The blue looks very good. It is a close match to the colour that Carmina used on the tablecloth from which the motif is taken.

I used a perle 8 cotton - and must replace it. There is maybe 35cm left on the roll!

The other side of the bag has another of Carmina's motifs, this time in ecru, as was most of her work.

I'm not sure what I will do with this bag, other than using it to illustrate the story.

When I finally sent out the presentation to the WES Group, 11 of the emails bounced. The pdf file was too large for most people's inboxes! I could see no way through other than to take extracts from it and send them in an email to the group.

I hate making a mess of sending things to the group. It means some people have two versions and cluttered inboxes. One member of the group contacted me this evening to say she got the pdf file (16 mb) attached three times to the email! I don't understand that at all. I checked my send copy - only one pdf attachment, yet hers definitely had 3. Email gremlins!

As I was finishing the bag a friend phoned to say he was in the area and would like to call in for a coffee. Mad scramble to get dressed and vacuum up the threads. This is the first time I have had a visitor, other than my cleaner, since I returned from England 55 days ago! It was great.

When he left I did a research task for my brother. Unfortunately, most of this activity has nothing worth photographing.

I have several deliveries coming in the next week - a couple of books for this research, some wine, some clothing and some fabric to embroider. I was getting Australia Post notices all day.

I finished reading Martha Grimes' The Dirty Duck. which I really enjoyed and have no memory of having read before. I also watched the second half of the 1970s BBC Murder Must Advertise, Mini-Series 3 of Lord Peter Wimsey with Ian Carmichael. It's a little too Bertie Wooster, but enjoyable nonetheless.

I stitched five hexies together while watching this. I haven't decided what embroidery project I will tackle next. There's a lot to choose from.  I might finish my knitting and stitch hexies while I think about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment