Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 May 2020

Post 90: a bit of shopping

Great cloud formation this morning.














My first visitor was the adolescent dove, who came to explore the balcony before I had broadcast any seed. It took a few minutes before Myrtle appeared to shoo him away. I discussed this behaviour with my brother. We agreed this appears to be a parental strategy to force young to fend for themselves.They are not allowed to continue following their parents around. They will be forced to find their own territory.





I put out the new seed, which I have placed in a new, larger container. It was not as easy to manage as the previous ccontainer. I ended up distributing more than usual. Myrtle came back and had a decent feed before leaving. None of the doves came back during the day, which is unusual. Maybe there is some drama in doveland.



But for Covid, there would have been a Certificate Course workshop last Saturday, taken by Margaret Adams on Kogin embroidery from Japan. I made a Kogin cushion in 2011 which is still in use. I realised today it needed to be washed, so did so. It's now back on the chair. I like it a lot, and really enjoyed making it. I'd like to do more.

I needed milk, so took myself off to Unley Village, where I could also dispose of the bag of soft plastic I've collected over the last three or four weeks. Even though it was a pretty dull day, the parklands provide a pleasant lift. The traffic was fairly light although the Village car park was about 90% full.

Coles was not crowded and well stocked. I even got a dispenser of hand sanitiser!

I got more reading done for my writing task, but no actual writing.  It will happen.


As at the beginning of the day, the sunset had some interesting cloud patterns, along with an interest colour palette.













I got another 6 hexies stitched together. Only six more to go.


There's also a little progress on Nicola's bird.


Tomorrow it has to be reading and writing all the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment