Search This Blog

Thursday 28 May 2020

Post 92

Today is the sixth anniversary of Jim's death. The loss is ever present, although less raw than it was. I am at last able to look at photos and papers. Talking about him comes easier and he remains part of this phase of my life. I'm grateful to family and friends who grieve with me,  share the loss and support my journey.  We all miss him.


The doves haven't changed their mind about the seed. Turtle appeared and ate a couple of dozen seeds this morning but there are still some left. Katherine has offered me more chicken pellets so we shall see if it's the seed or a boycott.

The buds on the cactus have not opened yet, but there are more of them and it looks splendid as the buds multiply on the stem.


I wrote for most of the day again. When I add a couple of final paragraphs  I will have a penultimate draft.Another day should give me a final draft.


I took this photo this afternoon wishing it could capture something of the sound of the birds - screeching  and calling as they returned to roost, mostly, it would seem, in that large tree. They do a lot of wheeling as well, but I am not  fast enough.




I bought some French cutlets when I shopped on Tuesday. I cooked them in my lazy way - in the oven with a sliced potato, sprouts and, at the last mnute, broccolini.



I had too much to think about to make a great deal of progress on Nicola's bird - but I am pleased with what I did manage.

Jennifer is home, slept well in her own bed and is trying to sort out the embroidery she had taken on her cruise. I don't think it will take her long. She will, however, be fatigued.

In a smaller piece of good news, Phillipa Turnbull has made me the reverse version of the Muncaster Orange to fit on my chair. I made a few purchases as well, to fill other gaps. It looks as if the chair might be my next project!






No comments:

Post a Comment