Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Post 91 writing all day long

It's a pretty sparse post tonight. I have spent most of the day writing - about six hours- and reading/researching - about 3 hours. I took a break to check my letterbox, eat some crackers and cheese for lunch around 2pm, then returned to the task. I was in the swing of it. I took another brief break when I realised the sun was setting and I hadn't taken a single photo all day. A screen shot from my computer doesn't quite fit the bill!

Myrtle had appeared early this morning and spent 10 minutes or so devouring some of the seed still there from yesterday. I was too absorbed in writing to check throughout the day, but as the sun went down most of the seed was still there. My conclusion is that the doves do not like the new seed.

I had a choice in the supermarket of seed for parrots or seed for budgerigars. I chose parrots. The mix has less variety than the chicken grains I had fed them until two days ago. I think I will need to rectify if I wish to keep the doves coming.
Cupboard love!


The other task today was to send out a bulletin to the World Embroidery Study Group. One member had sent me an extract from a book and I had a article from Piecework magazine on Bagchi Dowry bags from the Sindh Provence in Pakistan. Some readers may be interested. At the end of the article are links to other articles, including one on the Embroidery by Medieval Anchoresses and Nuns, which I also enjoyed.


I also had a phone call from my Pilates Studio. Sessions are beginning the week after next. I'm ready to participate.  Groups will be no more than 4 - which is normal.


I feel satisfied with my writing today. I need a couple of hours to finish a first draft and probably another day to edit, check and rewrite. The end, however, is in sight.






I spent the evening on Nicola's bird, which is a lot of fun. I'm using a variety of silks and a little metallic thread.

I think it is going to look right at home on that Ink and Spindle bottlebrush linen.



No comments:

Post a Comment