Search This Blog

Friday 29 May 2020

Post 93 Bookended by birds

The noisy miner was back this morning, surveying the scene and, yes, making a lot of noise. It made no attempt to explore the balcony - just made its presence felt with a lot of noise.

A little before this I had a message from Veronica to say "some wonderul person left seeds on your car" and the photo of my car. It turns out they placed it there yesterday, but because I didn't leave the apartment, I didn't see it.

The dove's now have a supply of chicken grain.



They were slow to take it up. I scattered some immediately. Turtle had come earlier and picked over the remaining parrot food. I didn't see any bird take the feed but two thirds of it had gone at the end of the day. I did have a full washing line with several things large and flapping. The rosellas were also around - and the other birds are very wary of them. There were at least three of them. I tried to get photos but I still don't have a battery for my SLR and you need a really good zoom to capture them.


In these photos the splashes of red are the giveaway







The rosella is even more elusive in the second set of photos.It's a bit Where's Wally?

After the excitement of photographing an Adelaide Rosella (well, nearly) I settled down to finish my writing task. I got the ending worked out and finished. Then came the long task of checking references, proof reading and adjusting. I took a break while my laptop recharged and went to the North Adelaide Village to get a few supplies.

Back home I  corrected a print copy - I always need to correct on paper to pick up errors I wouldn't have otherwise found.

I bought a Cornish pasty in North Adelaide for lunch. Once home, I heated it, along with some chips and sat on the front balcony while it heated. It was one of those golden afternoons.











I hope Jennifer can see all the begonias. The one I grew from the cutting is doing well.






I came in, however, and, around 9 pm, finished my editing task and sent the document off to my brother. Yay!





I didn't get much done on the Nicola piece, but it was something.

Tomorrow I hope to see the doves.

Right now I'm falling asleep and my laptop is about to do the same. I will post before either happen, without further proofreading!







No comments:

Post a Comment