Search This Blog

Saturday 30 May 2020

Post 94 Return of the Doves and the Document

Early this morning Myrtle visited to pick up the last of yesterday's seed mixture - the one gifted from the chickens.


















She was back a little later with Turtle, exploring..



When I put out today's ration they were back again,  this time in a kind of feeding dance with social distancing.


The daily chicken feed ration is all gone, and the small pile of parrot seed left from earlier in the week remains untouched.

It is good to have them back.

The Crimson Rosellas put in an appearance in the nearby trees, as did a group of rainbow lorikeets. I need to get the new battery for my SLR. The zoom needed is too much for my phone.


Throughout the day my brother and I have shared 3 more drafts of the document I sent last night, with progressive improvements.  It's easy to get absorbed in the task and not notice the passage of time, especially on a grey, overcast, showery day.

It was 6 pm before the penultimate draft went off and  I got to stitch - but I put in close to four hours of stitching and made good progress. I still have the legs, feet, beak and some outline to do as well as some background fill, but it’s come a long way.

And there are, if, as Hank Williams used to say, the Good Lord is willing and the creeks don’t rise,  more days.

Tomorrow I might get to reply to a few emails and pay a couple of bills.

Not to mention those last 6 hexies.

No comments:

Post a Comment