Search This Blog

Thursday 9 July 2020

Post 134 Images

I had my annual checkup with my dermatologist this morning. For her practice it is now pretty much business as usual - within a framework of patients being checked before attending for symptoms and contacts, hand sanitising on entry, distancing in waiting rooms, doctors wearing face masks and frequently washing hands and surfaces. She says it took them a couple of weeks to work out procedures and set up the practice but now it flows smoothly. My moles seem to be inactive. For what it's worth, her view is that we will not be able to travel overseas from Australia until there is a vaccine, but she's optimistic we may have that in the first half of next year.

From her practice I went to Frewville to get a few supplies. There were quite a few people around, but they largely keep their distance. I couldn't take photos without breaching privacy but this one is, I think, OK.

As I was driving out I noticed a flash of red amongst the green on their plant wall. I didn't get close enough to see what it is, but next time I'll check it out. It might work in mine.













Back at home I was fortunate enough to be looking out the bedroom window when the Noisy Myna landed on the rail of my balcony. I had the SLR handy and managed to get some good shots through the glass. He sat on the rail for a while, surveying the scene and keeping watch before heading to the nectar





















2nd Noisy Myna









A second Myna appeared briefly, but didn't stay.




I took a lot more photos while I had the chance. These are the ones I really like.
















These are photos of the same bird taken less than a minute apart. It really interests me to see how birds change their shape by stretching or dropping their weight and puffing their feathers.

The doves didn't appear while I was looking today. Maybe it has become Myna territory while the plant is blooming.

I had a nice long phone call with a Guild friend. Their latest foster dog has just turned into their dog.



Sunsets are infinitely interesting. Tonights was a stripy one.












I took a photo of the view from inside - with the inside light on, and with it off. Either way, it is a very serene scene.
















My late afternoon/ evening time was spent on the Jacobean Sampler. I'm largely making up the colour scheme as I go. I'm not at all sure how it will turn out. I should probably do it with coloured pencils first. It's a lot of fun.


I received a checklist from the Guild today, outlining what Convenors need to adhere to if their group meets. I need now to work out what World Embroidery Study Group members want to do.

Tomorrow I shall ask them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment