Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 July 2020

Post132: Hair and thread




The Muncaster Oranges look spick and span after their blocking. Tomorrow I hope to applique them on to my chair.







Today's main task was getting my hair permed. I have this done for two reasons, one to give my fine hair a bit of body, and secondly to dry out some of the oil. Without it, I wash my hair every day.


It is a fairly old-fashioned process, but I have a young hairdresser trained and keen to do it for me, so I count myself lucky.

My hairdresser is on the edge of the Central Market, so I bought some grapes and blueberries and dropped my soft plastic recycling in at the supermarket. I also took my travel handbag to the shoe repair man. The clasp broke yesterday and I very much want it fixed. He's not sure how he will do it, but I'm sure he will manage.

Back at home I spent the afternoon knitting the shawl and watching the Victorian Premier announce the return to lock-down for Melbourne. It's a sad, but necessary step.  It's a major challenge for all of us, including governments, to get things right. We are in new territory and mistakes are inevitable. The challenge is to learn from them quickly enough to not repeat them.

I also set up the Jacobean Fantasy - mounting it in a 10"hoop and identifying a bunch of suitable threads.








I worked a little bit to get myself going.
This piece is to fill a specific gap on my chair.


Jennifer phoned this afternoon from the hospital where she had done the first batch of follow-up tests. They had gone well but she won't have the results for a while.








It was one of those cloudy, pale sky with lots of puffy clouds. Irresistible!

No comments:

Post a Comment