Search This Blog

Saturday 11 July 2020

Post 136 Doves and Acorns are back

I got organised with a few tasks this morning - blocked the Jacobean Sampler, mended the sole of my slippers,



















got my next project in a hoop and found the threads for it.















Then Turtle turned up.  He stayed while I distributed some seed. Within a minute Myrtle was there as well.


They tucked in very cooperatively for about ten minutes before surveying the scene from the balcony rail and flying away.










An hour or so later there was an unmistakable loud bird call. The Noisy Myna was back to feed again.

















It was cold and clear for most of the day. Late in the afternoon the clouds lined up over the Hills. I'm sure there is some scientific explanation for the straight line.



















I had dinner at Katherine and Anthony's. Anthony made a delicious risotto, and Niamh and Veronica made desert. Wow!





I got stems and leaves done on the Acorns.  I'm looking forward to doing the acorns tomorrow - they are amongst my favourite things to stitch.

The Jacobean Sampler was still a little bit damp this evening, so I shall leave it until tomorrow to remove from the blocking board. I'll wait until the Acorns are finished before adding them both to the cushion.

No comments:

Post a Comment