Search This Blog

Friday 10 July 2020

Post 135 Not a lot to show



I opened the blind when I woke this morning so I could watch the sunrise from bed. I couldn't, of course, resist getting up and taking more photos.





I love the cloud formations, and also the way the light shines through the trees where they are gaps in the leaves.





The bare trees in the centre of this photo were to feature later in the morning.

.














About three hours later, I noticed a group of lorikeets flying around some distance away. They settled on those bare trees in the centre of the sunrise photo above. I could only just make them out. I got my SLR and captured them with the telephoto lens.


I am very pleased with these photos.

















The plan for today was Pilates, followed by lunch with Jennifer and Susan at Grange Cafe. However, Jennifer had a bad night and was contacting her physician this morning, so we cancelled.

After my Pilates class I was tempted to go down to Grange alone and see if the Cafe had a vacancy.

I decided against it, and went home to check on the Covid news and work on my Jacobean Sampler.


I played quite a lot with the colours and stitches.  I'm not sure I got the best possible combination, but I'm content.




























I think the overall impact is better than the sum of the parts.


Tomorrow I will block it.










No comments:

Post a Comment