Search This Blog

Monday 31 August 2020

Post 187 Lamb shanks

More loud coo-ing this morning.  This time Turtle sitting in the wall garden seemingly keeping guard while Myrtle ate the seed left from yesterday.  They didn't stay long, but by the end of the day all the seed had gone.




Today was family dinner and kids after school day. I planned to try cooking lamb shanks with potatoes in their jackets but needed a few more large potatoes. I browned the lamb shanks and got them into the oven for a bit before going to Coles at Norwood. I wanted to go to the bookshop there so easier to do both in one place.


Once home and organised I could embroider while the lamb shanks cooked.  I moved on to the fourth quadrant of the Icelandic Helm's Awe circle.







I did remember to take a photo of the lamb shanks as they came out of the oven, but after that was too preoccupied to think about photos. It was a very pleasant and relaxed afternoon with the girls and the meal worked.

I am slowly widening my Monday dinner repertoire!


I managed to finish the Helm's Awe Circle and to add the lining.








I had to adjust the size as I went along in order to get the best match of  design. I had not originally planned to join up the circle, but once I got to the construction it seemed a good idea.

I will need to do a bit of thinking and manipulating to get the best closure.















That, however, is a job for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment