Search This Blog

Saturday 5 September 2020

Post 192 scanning

I went to Norwood this morning to pick up a book I had ordered. While I was there I deposited my bag of soft plastics for recycling at Coles and did some grocery shopping.

I also bought this pot of daisies. They look so fresh and full of buds - ready to burst into bloom.



Back at home, once the shopping was stashed, I continued the scanning process, through a batch of photos of our Gawler house, taken just before we left it to live in Hindmarsh- obviously a record of the house. Also batches of a visit to McLaren Vale with Peter Forrestal from WA and a family holiday in Robe.


Amongst the photos of the Hindmarsh house to which we moved from Gawler was this one of similar daisies as I bought this morning, surrounding an elevated pot. The more things change......

There are a few photos in the album not attached to any other photographic event. Some easily identified, but others less so. At the time they were taken I'm sure I would not have believed I would ever forget the activity or event! A lot has happened since 1985 and the hard drive of my brain is not infinite!


It was a lovely day in Adelaide. Victoria Square is looking great. The council gardeners have been busy pruning and preparing for Spring.

I took Niamh to JEMS where students worked on a Father's Day gift using the cutting machine. It was a great exercise, involving cutting shapes, ironing on backing  and appliqueing. Afterwards Niamh and I had a milkshake and cake at Queen St Cafe. Very quiet today.

There was the week to catch up on back at Katherine's and delicious roast lamb.





I'm plugging away at my knitting and setting up the linen for the Serenity project, which is what I might try next. I have never used Buratto linen. It is extraordinarily soft and pliable. And it is also  8 thread count per inch!




I'm also exploring archival photo boxes to store the photos I am scanning. Most of the albums are clunky and not archival. Once scanned, they could be culled and stored more economically in boxes. The scanning itself is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment