Search This Blog

Thursday 3 September 2020

Post 190 Books, Birds and Birthdays


Today was full of photo opportunities, beginning with the dove summons. Myrtle flew off, but Turtle hung around for a while on the wall garden before adjourning to the roof for a bit. They made forays during the day to feast on the seed. There was building work next door, so perhaps they are getting bolder.












I had Pilates - good as usual - after which I called at the Guild to pick up a couple of library books.

I was pleased to find the Elsa Gudjonsson in the library. It is out of print and I had sourced the cheapest copy available for $A163.00  delivered. It is, I think, the Icelandic Embroidery Bible and very useful.  The pattern book is useful in a different way. It was last borrowed in 2013 and the Gudjonsson has, it seems, never been borrowed. I suspect that is about to change.

After getting home and examining the books, I set about scanning a photo album. I chose at random one covering much of the 1980s. There are photos of birthday parties, family visits





and our trip to Britain and Italy in December 1984.
















I was going out this evening to a small birthday celebration in a restaurant. I planned to go early to get a park. As I was getting ready I noticed the lorikeets feeding on the trees behind the apartment so grabbed my camera. This is a sample of the photos.



There were about 8 lorikeets in all.



The Rosella held itself aloof - but was keeping an eye out.








The small cosy dinner turned into quite an event.  There was a 50th wedding anniversary celebration at the other end of the restaurant.




We'd been there about half an hour when the entertainment arrived - two accordianists who proceeded to serenade the happy couple with every Italian song popularised in English - and a good few more that didn't make it into Australia





We had Volare, It's Amore, Santa Lucia, Feniculi Fenicula, Quando, quando, quando, O solo mio,  - and Delilah!























There was a Covid Marshall in attendance - and no dancing. Our table was suitably distanced from the party and from other tables, but we got the sound and a little bit of the action when a waitress told the players there were two birthday celebrants on our table.  They of course, played Happy Birthday!




Quite an eventful and photoful day!









No comments:

Post a Comment