Search This Blog

Friday 4 September 2020

Post 191 Powerpoint day with dove visitation


I had a postal delivery today- a book I had ordered two weeks ago. Plenty of eye candy here and good explanations in the text. It covers interesting local differences in costume. Not all are embroidered, but plenty are.

My very favourite is this traditional 'party dress' from the Chiapas de Corzo, even if the authors are  disparaging of its origin as a costume brought to the area by a troupe of itinerant actors in 1930.

I want one!

I spent most of today preparing a PowerPoint presentation based on the Elsa Gudjorisson book that I borrowed yesterday. While the Piecework magazine article World Embroidery Group members have gives an excellent overview and example, it does not outline the stitches commonly used with the rich examples Gudjorisson provides.  I needed to read the book, compare with the Piecework article, take photos and construct the narrative to close the gap. I found it interesting Hopefully others will too, and this will work for our meeting next week. There's another story about runes, but not, I think, for next week.

The doves repeated their recent pattern today - lots of coo-ing by Turtle who takes up a stand on my wall garden while Myrtle feeds on the seed. It appears very protective. He came along later in the day and got his share.













I had a chance, late in the day, to check out the progress of the buds on the aloe in my wall garden. It seems to be developing into another flower, one, I suspect, that will attract the Noisy Miner!









Another spider has added a web to the wall garden. This portion of it has captured and incorporated a small twig. Interesting to see the little strands of web used to secure it.












It was a cloudy sunset this evening.










I like these cloud formations - and the twinkling lights of the windows, which appear as holes with light shining through.



It’s Brigid’s socially distanced school formal tonight. I do hope she has a great night.








No more photo scanning today, and no embroidery. I settled for knitting after dinner. The shawl is growing. It’s about 65cm along the stitch side. I changed to a longer length needle at the end of the evening.

I’m not, however, half way yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment