Search This Blog

Monday 7 September 2020

Post 194 Warm and windy

I went shopping at Frewville this morning for bread and a few snacks for the kids this afternoon. They had Australian grapes - not sure where from. I'm guessing Stanthorpe in Queensland. They look fabulous.















It was very warm and windy - a good drying day as my mother would have said. I washed all my merino trousers, possum wool socks and a jumper. I tried to capture them blowing around, but without a lot of success. It was good to open the apartment up and get a breeze right through.


The daisy I bought the other day is opening up beautifully. I love the pointy petals as the flowers first open. So crisp.


Niamh came around 1pm from the orthodontist where she'd had her bands fitted and the others arrived singly throughout the afternoon. Very relaxing for me.

I scanned most of the rest of the 1980s photo album - adding 69 more. I have about half a dozen left to scan, ring-ins that don't belong to the 1980s. The app is proving successful. It doesn't have an edit function for improving the quality of photos so that needs to be done separately.

I phoned an archival box manufacturer in Adelaide this afternoon and they have the photo storage boxes I want so I shall call there tomorrow. In the meantime, however, I can dispose of one empty photo album!

I did not get out of bed this morning when the coo-ing started, but I did put seed down as soon as I was up.

Turtle visited this afternoon and devoured quite a bit. He seems to have a feather out of place - or ruffled - but behaved normally.

This evening I managed to work another pattern repeat on the Serenity project. It is still tricky and requires concentration.  Fortunately I have seen (at least once) the episode of Midsomer Murders I've been watching at least once and can afford to concentrate on the stitches!





It will, I think, get a bit quicker and easier but it will never, I think, be automatic or easy. Very interesting though.

The temperature only reached 29C today, lower than predicted. It is nearly 11pm and still 25C. Tomorrow however, is predicted to only reach 19C.  Fine by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment