Search This Blog

Saturday 12 September 2020

Post 199

I read a few more chapters of The Bird Way this morning, the section on Play, which deals mainly with ravens and Kea, both of whom display extensive, but different, play behaviour. I think the author would have benefitted from discussions with early childhood educators.

I stopped reading to finish the first round of the Caterina embroidery project.  I did quite a bit of unpicking. It is so easy to make a one thread error on such loose weave fabric. I’m quite excited about the next stage of this, which amounts to whipping to fill in the gaps between the running stitches.



My major goal for the day was to get a start on scanning the rest of my 1980s photos. It took me more time than I’d hoped to work out how to operate the flatbed scanner with the new operating system on my laptop. It’s a bit of a messy process, even without the challenge of software and storage.












I eventually got 35:photos scanned from one of our Heysen trail walks and a visit Tom the Great Ocean Road.



It takes longer to scan using the flatbed than it did with the PhotScan App but the result is better.

I have been researching the most recent scanners. Choice  recommends a batch scanner which retails in Australia for around $660. It does sound efficient although there are a few reports of jamming and quality lower than traditional flatbeds. It’s tempting when there are several thousand photos to scan.



On balance I decided to continue with the one I have and see how I go.















There was lots of bird noise around this afternoon but I didn’t see the perpetrators. The ‘black’ geranium has enjoyed the rain which got heavier as the day wore on. It looks like a wet day tomorrow.









Dinner at Katherine and Anthony’s tonight. Both Katherine and I got a bit of knitting done

I managed a little test of the second round on the Caterina project.

I’m not at all sure I don’t prefer it without the gaps filled! 


No comments:

Post a Comment