Search This Blog

Sunday 6 September 2020

Post 193 sitnstitch

It was a fine Spring day in Adelaide today. A bit cool to begin with, but 24C by the afternoon.

Turtle appreciated it and visited several times for seed.

I spent the morning preparing Lemon Chicken for tomorrow. I cook the chicken whole in the liquid so like to allow it to stand  and cool overnight so I can skim the fat off the liquid and remove the bones from the chicken.


I picked Jennifer up at 12.30 for our Sit'nStitch at Grange. Susan had made a stunning cheese and onion pie for our lunch.  Both Jennifer and Susan are working on knitted blankets at the moment. I was rectifying the centre markings I had made last night on the Serenity mat. I discovered this morning several places where I had stitched over one or three fabric threads instead of two. I wasn't using a magnifier and working at night on such a loose weave fabric was a mistake. It took me a couple of goes to get it right.


Traffic was low when I got home and the Square bathed in light.

I checked out my front balcony plants.
The begonia cutting I've been nursing for months now has 8 sturdy leaves,



















and the geranium cutting I bought at the Guild Christmas market has turned into a strong plant with flowers forming.

















To get these parrot shots I photographed  the screen of my television during a documentary called Australia Remastered: Parrot Paradise. I was watching it while embroidering before dinner.

The top one is a female King Parrot and the lower ones are Palm cockatoos. The one on the right is a male. They are a pair, together for up to 50 years.

If you get a chance the documentary is worth seeing.


I worked on the Serenity project for the best part of two hours and this was my progress. I found it quite difficult. The pattern is repeated all the way around so hopefully it will become imprinted on my brain and I won't have to check the pattern every stitch. The loose fabric threads are hard to count. They move.





I think this is going to take quite a while. I am going to balance it with knitting.







Tomorrow is forecast to be 31C - then 17C on Tuesday.


 Dust is forecast for tomorrow evening but tonight's sunset was clear and calm.



No comments:

Post a Comment