Search This Blog

Friday 11 September 2020

Post 198 Laptop, scanner, Yeh!


It didn’t go below 28C overnight last night. In my Sleepy Merino pyjamas, even though they are supposed to be comfortable in Summer as well as Winter, I think this might apply to the regular 100gsm products, not to the 200 gsm nightshirt I was wearing.  Consequently I opened my blind at sunrise.

The young dove arrived , but is too nervous to stay if I open the door. I put out some seed and he/she returned a bit later to sample it.

I was due to pick up Jennifer for SitnStitch at 12.30 . I rang the Apple Centre at Norwood late in the morning to check how they were going with my computer and scanner. They were still working on it. As I wanted it for this blog tonight, I either had to pick it up before I picked up Jennifer, or late this afternoon after I’d dropped her home. When they rang me around midday to say it was ready I rushed off to get it - much better than having it on my mind all afternoon and a deadline at the end of the day.

It delayed me picking up Jennifer  by 25 minutes,. The laptop is tidied up,  has an up to date operating system and connects to the scanner. Yeh!  The staff were helpful and took care to explain what had been done and how to use the new interface.  It’s a relief to have it back and working. I’ll try the scanner out tomorrow.

Susan made cheese scones again - fabulous! There was lots to catch up on. Jennifer is getting about a bit. She is still having dizzy spells . She worked today on cutting out the background fabric to mount her COVID embroidery. It’s going to look amazing.



When I got home, three young men were exercising in the Square. One was practising tight-rope walking on a band stretched between two trees about a metre off the ground. He got on to it by jumping from the ground. He fell off a lot, but kept practising until he stayed on and kept going.









The lorikeets were out in force in the evening. The trees are beginning to bud, obviously very attractive to the nectar-seeking birds.












Now I have my laptop back I can publish a couple of the shots I took yesterday of the Rosella.



The succulent flowers are also coming along nicely.


As I’ve been writing this I’ve been (half) watching Gardening Australia which ran a story on the stobie pole art in Rosetta St . I wasn’t fast enough to photograph the screen. For those not in South Australia, stobie poles are an Adelaide invention. Because there was not much timber in Adelaide, a man named Stobie invented replacement for wooden telegraph poles, by using two discarded railway tracks with concrete between them.

In the 1980s community projects engaged artists to paint the poles.  The practice continues. Gardening Australia covered the poles and the community plantings in the streets streetscapes of the Charles Sturt Council area.

Altogether, a productive and satisfying day. I progressed my knitting  and the Caterina mat but not enough to take photos. My early start is catching up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment