Search This Blog

Monday 21 September 2020

Post 208

A leisurely day today, a bit unusual for a Monday. Tomorrow is Niamh and Veronica's birthday, and since the Netball trials are on and can't be missed, we went to the Ky Chow for dinner tonight, so I had a holiday from dinner preparation.

I went back to Norwood to a shop that was not open yesterday when I was there. I wanted to get a piece of jewellery for each of the girls. The maker of the jewellery was managing the shop today and just about to put the pendant she had made on the weekend into the display case. It was exactly what I wanted - a nice piece of serendipity.

I also managed to find some sugar-free biscuits and sweets at Norwood. Niamh had bands on her teeth last week and is off sugar for a while. I ran into Lorraine and Tim young in Coles. It was a real boost to meet someone I know in a supermarket and talk to them (socially distanced) for 10 minutes.  Such a simple thing, but so uplifting. The simple act of connecting is so important to our well-being.


The lisianthus I bought the other day are looking  full and lovely. Even so, I indulged in an orchid from Coles.


I did a bit of getting organised for the next round of scanning. I discovered pages of photos from 1988-89 at the beginning of a 1990s album. I could slide them out of the album undamaged, so did so and scanned them - 120 photos, which went through the scanner in 5 batches in about 20 minutes including storing and labelling.


It's a strange feeling, scanning photos on this scale. There are events, people and experiences that I have forgotten, like this article. I'm tempted to contact the Advertiser and suggest they do a follow up! Except, of course, that like other print media, the Advertiser now has few, if any,  journalists to do such work.


There is also a sense of how much has happened in my life, so many activities and so much energy.
The kids came here after school as usual, then, at 5.30, put their bags in my car and we drove to the Markets where we parked while dining at the Ky Chow. It was a pleasant, relaxed meal.




This evening I have finished the first round of running stitch on the inner row of Caterina. I'm pleased to be nearly through the counting. I still have a little bit of filling to do in the four corner spaces.











For now I am working the return row of double running on the inner round I have just finished. There's still a way to go on this project, a hemstitched and backstitched edge and some very complex tassels.

No comments:

Post a Comment