Search This Blog

Thursday 24 September 2020

Post 211 Crewel and Pilates


My main goal today was to get to the Crewel Work Special Interest Group at the Guild. I had been to one meeting of this group last year and intended to be a regular attendee this year to work my way through the various printed linens I have purchased from the Crewel Work Company to fill the gaps on my Crewel chair. Corona Virus put paid to that plan until today.

This is only the second time the group has met since the Guild reopened. Like many of the Special Interest Groups, the returning numbers are lower than pre-Covid. There were only 3 of us today, but a couple more sent apologies and intend to return soon.

I decided to work on one of the Rabbits at Dawn pieces. As I did not buy a kit, I don't have a colour chart to work from. For this first one I chose colours close to the illustration on the Crewel Work website version. I have three more of these to do, so I can vary the colours as I go to get a development going.

I didn't realise that the group continues until 2.30pm from its 10.30 start and had to leave at 12.30 for a 1.00pm Pilates class. In future I will make sure I don't have a Pilates class on the fourth Thursday of the month.
There was a little dove drama again this morning. Myrtle arrived and polished off some of the seed I had put out.









When the Stormy arrived, Myrtle abandoned the seed and drove Stormy off the balcony rail.







Interestingly, at the end of this altercation, Myrtle appeared to be much larger than she had started out. Although I haven't found any confirmation, it seems to me that one trigger for doves swelling is aggression.

As she returned to the seed, she reduced in size. By the time she flew off, she had returned to the original size.






I'm glad I voted ahead of time for the Strata AGM at 6pm, obviating the need to attend. It was raining and cold at that time.

I put the crewel rabbits aside in favour of Caterina. I managed to work the border line and two of the corners. I found the corners, working on the diagonal, quite difficult.

Nevertheless, I like the effect.

Pilates was pretty good too!



















No comments:

Post a Comment