Search This Blog

Saturday 26 September 2020

Post 213 Reverse Appliqué Certificate Course Workshop

This morning's Certificate Course workshop on Mola Reverse Applique was a very relaxed and informal affair. Barbara is at her best getting students to learn a skill and apply it in their own way.






This is the basic design with which we were working, the same one I worked on in a class with Barbara in 2012 and had turned into a small cushion in 2013.

I had forgotten a lot of it - including the fact that I had done it!

I decided to work in different colours, based mainly on the size of the fabric pieces I had.
 

It  relatively slow work, layering and cutting out fabric, stitching down internal edges.







When I got home I decided to play around with the bird itself rather than build a background. I thought I'd try to make the bird flyI don't think the colours are really working, but that's OK. I will play around with stitches .

















This did prevent me working much on the Caterina piece. I wanted to get some reverse applique done before I forget what I was doing. However I returned to Caterina tonight to unpick the double back stitch hem I had worked on the wrong side of the work yesterday. I managed to replace the double back stich on one side and complete the hemstitch on most of that one side.
I was only aware of one avian visit today - Turtle arrived and helped himself to most of the remaining seed. I was away most of the day, so I don't know if I had other visits.

I went to Katherine and Anthony's for dinner. I took the seed container to refill with chicken feed, but forgot about it while I was there. I'll need to think of something else to fill the gap this week.


It was a really relaxed and productive day today. Unfortunately the Elastic Lady was not at today's workshop, so the masks will have to wait a bit until I see her again.





No comments:

Post a Comment