Search This Blog

Monday 5 October 2020

Post 222 Mostly related to scanning









This afternoon there was plenty of bird noise at the back of the apartment, but no bird in sight. I think the birds are revelling in the bloom on the various trees, especially the red bottlebrush in the centre of the photo. I did see a Noisy Miner visit my balcony first thing this morning, perhaps looking for the bloom on the aloe. It didn't stay. The aloe flower hasn't amounted to much.







Once the Miner had gone, a fairly plump Turtle arrived and strutted around looking for seed. He flew off before I opened the door, but waited on the roof, watching me. Once I was inside he returned and had a feed.
He paused every now and then but didn't seem nervous. I realised there was a lorikeet feeding in the tree behind him - you can just see the flash of red and yellow.



I spent much of the day removing photos from albums - two today. One, an album of a family visit to Bali around 1989, was easy. The photos lifted out relatively cleanly and scanned easily. The second album, recording a visit Jim and I made to Lombok and Bali in the early 1990s, was more difficult. The photos were harder to remove, and emerged with residual paper and glue on the back. This needs  to be removed as far as possible so the photos don't jam in the scanner. It is also not good to shed bits into the scanner. It's a messy process, leaving bits all over me, the floor and any other surface nearby.

It took me several hours to get the photos clean and into the scanner. The scanner also lost its wifi connection a couple of times, resulting in my needing to rescan a few batches.  Nevertheless, the job is now done. I have two more empty albums, around another 300 photos scanned and stored in archive boxes.  Unfortunately, of course, I have tackled the easier albums first, so I can expect more complications as I go on.
I did manage a bit of embroidery and moved my hoop to start a new section in the morning.
 

.


No comments:

Post a Comment