Search This Blog

Saturday 10 October 2020

Post 227 Mostly domestic


I went to Unley shopping centre early (for me!) this morning to get supplies for Monday’s family meal,  more fruit, a few things Woolworths had on special and a few bottles of wine. I wanted to get there before it got busy. The day began cool but sunny and soon warmed up. The city is beginning to show its Spring colours.






Blush had visited before I went shopping, a little nervous, but strutting around a bit before confident enough to start eating seed. She returned a couple of times later in the morning until engaging in a skirmish with a dove watching her from the roof. 
The lorikeets were making noise, but the morning sky largely belonged to the doves.
While hanging out the washing I had a good look over my balcony at progress on the building site. The shadow in the lefthand photo is that of the end wall of our building. I'm curious as to what the wooden beams are for; perhaps the supports for concrete walls?













I was very pleased to see these shoots on the lemon rose geranium in my balcony wall garden. It had appeared dead and I really liked it. I'd also like to get some peppermint geranium. I had loads of it at our Hindmarsh house but didn't bring any with me. It's not a common plant in nurseries.

I spent an inordinate amount of time this afternoon trying to put together a post on my embroidery blog, summarising the embroidery I have completed since I last posted in July. I'm trying to keep that blog going with quarterly summaries for this year while this blog is consuming my time. The summary is, of course, full of photos, and the text refuses to wrap in most of them. Very frustrating. I suspect the wrapping only works if you add one photo at a time, write the appropriate text, wrap it and move on to the next photo. I usually add photos during the day, then add all the text at the end.

Dinner at Katherine and Anthony's rescued me from further experimenting. I'll try again tomorrow.

Anthony, as usual, had cooked up a storm - a magnificent barbecued leg of lamb with potatoes and lots of veg. I got a few more rows of knitting done on the shawl. It's been a bit neglected of late. 




The cheerful lilies I bought this morning were there to greet me when I got home to do a bit more on my first feather and complete this blog post.


I

No comments:

Post a Comment