Search This Blog

Monday 26 October 2020

Post 242 Adaptation

 

It was a high activity, but low photography day. This is part of the pot of sunflowers I bought last week. There are lot of buds coming out - provided I can keep up the water. It's in a 20 cm pot but is incredibly thirsty. It droops as soon as it is not damp. I'm watering it twice a day at the moment. It's not even hot at the moment. The plant is lush and laden with buds. It just seems to need lots of water.

Turtle put in a couple of appearances, finishing off yesterday's feed. I didn't have opportunity to observe bird behaviour. It was Basics to Beyond today and I wanted to get there to get some advice on the hem of the Deruta project from Saturday's workshop. I knew Gay would be able to help. 

However, I also wanted to get the pasta bake for tonight's dinner made before I left.  I had made the ragu but needed to cook the pasta, add the ragu and cover in cheese, ready to put in the oven this evening. I got it all done by 10 am and got to B2B around 10.45. 

There were only 4 students, plus Gay. After she attended to the other students (the ones actually in the Basic course!) Gay spent about an hour helping me figure out the instructions for the hem. Gay was also in the class on Saturday, so figuring it out will eventually help her too.

The linen provided has a thread drawn on all four sides. The solution to the problem became obvious once we worked out the hem is worked inside the drawn thread border, not outside it. I might have eventually worked this out by myself but was struggling. Two heads are definitely better than one.                                                                                          Brigid is home studying for final exams so I had offered to transport the dinner and the younger children to their place tonight. She was getting so much done at home on her own that we decided to feed everyone else at my place and send hers home with them. This seemed to work well. It was a relaxed meal with interesting conversation.
I've got quite a long way to go around the edge, but I completed a few centimetres in order to  see what it looked like when completed. It will take me a few hours, but I now get it. 

I have postponed my hairdressing appointment tomorrow. I don't think my hair needs cutting, or even trimming, for at least a couple more weeks. This gives me a whole day to either finish this border, or stitch the feathers on to the chair. And there is still my tax to organise. And the photo scanning.

For now I'll sleep on it.

















No comments:

Post a Comment