Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 October 2020

Post 244 Friends, food and flowers


The Guild exhibition next March is themed “Nature by needle”. There are too many possibilities! These photos I took yesterday of the gazania on my balcony would make a great embroidery with texture and padding. My list of possibilities is too long, as is my list of works in progress.

Today two Guild friends and I went to lunch at the Glenelg Surf Club. Margaret has split the head of her clavicle, has her arm in an immobilising sling and can't drive. Junette picked me up, then we went on to pick up Margaret.  The Surf Club is fast becoming a favourite place. 

                            We sat inside, but the view is just as good. We get to catch up, laugh a lot and watch the ever-restful sea.


We parked a block away and on the walk back to the car we found a couple of Pohutukawa, New Zealand Christmas bushes. Both my friends were born and grew up in New Zealand and, as they remind me, you can take the girl out of New Zealand but not New Zealand out of the girl.

The Pohutukawa is truly spectacular. 

And I still miss NSW Christmas Bush.






Back at home I had missed a TNT parcel delivery, so organised to go and pick it up from their depot tomorrow on my way to Pilates. It's been a warm, sunny day. I settled on stitching on a few hexies and managed six.
Stormy is the only dove I’ve seen for a couple of days. He has grown over the Spring. He still gets seen off the premises by Turtle when detected, but those occasions seem to be coming less frequently. I’m wondering if I'm seeing the changing of the guard.

In the evening I switched to the Rabbits at Dawn linen. It seems like slow progress but progress it is.

I'm looking forward to working on this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment