Search This Blog

Thursday 29 October 2020

Post 245 Mostly botanical

The little bit of rain overnight was enough to refresh the daisies on the balcony's edge but not for the sunflowers. I needed to water those, even though more rain was forecast.

 
 
I managed to get organised to go to the TNT depot on Richmond Road on my way to Pilates to pick up the parcel I wasn't here to receive yesterday. As I guessed, it was the second volume of my blog in print.

Once again, I am pleased with the quality. It serves, however, as a reminder that I still haven't succeeded in ordering the third volume, in spite of several emails to the support line. 

As usual, Pilates was good. I enjoy the Thursday sessions with only one group - four students and the instructor, rather than Friday, when there are two instructors and eight students.  The studio garden is looking particularly lush at the moment. The fig tree has new leaves and there are strawberries on the numerous  strawberry plants.

I diverted to Unley Village on my way home to dispose of a bag of soft plastics and get some ingredients for Monday dinner. I ended up buying some scones - and two sausage rolls from the Dulwich Bakery for my lunch. It was 3pm by the time I got home, and two sausage rolls, a tomato and two scones ended up serving as both lunch and dinner.


The  strawberries in the Pilates garden reminded me of the strawberries waiting to be added to Rabbits at Dawn, so I left the hexies pinned to the quilt and got to work on the rabbits and strawberries.  There was, however, only one strawberry, and rather a lot of hillock to be finished before I could move the hoop on to the strawberry plant. 





The sun came out late in the afternoon, picking out the leaves of the red-leaved begonia.








The flower on the one on the left also comes into its own in the late afternoon.



I had a delivery of a top I bought online. It fortunately fitted into the letterbox - along with a Piecework Magazine returned by whoever I had lent it to. I wish I could remember who that was! My sincere thanks anyway.
I finished a rabbit and the strawberry plant, using the photo taken this morning as a bit of a colour guide,  while watching the 1980 version of The Mirror Cracked from Side to Side, with Angela Lansbury, Elizabeth Taylor, Tony Curtis and Rock Hudson. It was interesting enough to keep me watching. I enjoyed the performances of Edward Fox, Angela Lansbury and Tony Curtis.



It's now raining fairly steadily. Hope my sunflower is benefitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment