Search This Blog

Sunday 25 October 2020

Post 241 Friends, Feathers and Doves


I opened the blind this morning to see a very plump Turtle waiting patiently on the rail. It was a cool and very windy morning.
His feathers opened up in the wind. He allowed me to distribute seed and helped himself while I had a shower. He was gone by the time I returned.
A couple of hours later, Blush turned up. Her feathers too, were lifting in the wind. She wasn’t, however, puffed up.

This photo is a poor capture of the moment Stormy arrived (very top left corner) and Blush (lower right corner) paused, then walked to the edge and flew away.
Stormy made himself at home, ate the remaining seed, explored the whole space then  flew off.

I left for my book club. We had a good meeting. I came away with a list of books I want to read - and a discovery that three of the five members of the group are stitchers.i had hoped to visit the bead shop to get some crimps for my necklace repair, but it wasn’t open. I’ll need to go back during the week. 
 I went on to Grange to Sit’n Stitch. Susan has made some of her delicious pasties and pies and Jennifer brought bubbles. Jennifer knitted Mrs Claus’s cape, Susan worked on Anna Scott’s Songbird. I redid the Deruta diamond then moved on to cutting out feathers. I have now finished folding and tacking the edges down. I figured it will be easier to stitch them on to the chair if the edges are not being folded as I go

I’ve placed them on where I think they should go. It’s quite exciting. To stitch them on I need a day with nothing much else on . Tuesday might be possible.
It was about 6 pm when I got home from Sit’n Stitch. Turtle was waiting for me. He stayed in place as I gave him some more seed. He made himself at home, in spite of the wind.                                                                                                                                                A dovey kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment